One of the lesser known tips for a first timer is the Sessions and talks that happen off of the show floor. A schedule of these can be found here and they actually start on Monday, the day before the show floor opens! Here is a list of special chats that I am personally looking forward to:
Monday, November 15, 2021
- 8:30 am – A Seat at the Table: Diversity and Inclusion in Themed Entertainment – featuring friend of the site – Monai Rooney!
- 10 am – De-Risking Innovation: Using Little Bets Build to Big Ideas – featuring friend of the site Dan Picard!
- 10 am – Leadership Development: The Lost Art of Listening – featuring friend of the site Matt Heller!
- 10 am – Park Operations and Maintenance in a Digital World – featuring friend of the site Linda Freeman!
- 2:30 pm – Accessibility and Inclusion: Providing Great Guest Experiences for All
- 4 pm – 2021 Emerging Trends in Immersive Design – featuring friend of the site Cynthia Sharpe
- 4pm – How to #IAAPAExpo like a #YoProIAAPA
- 4 pm – Strategic Storytelling: The Art, Craft, and Science of Story
- 4 pm – The Entertainment Professionals Network
Tuesday, November 16
- 8:30 am – Inventing the Future of Entertainment: How Meow Wolf Used Creativity, Technology, and Analytics to Provide a Mesmerizing Guest Experience – Featuring friends of the site, Amanda Clay and Todd Richins
- 8:30 am – Creating Positive Practices to Reduce Unconscious Bias
- 1 pm – Where Happiness Inspires Hope – Learn What’s New at Give Kids the World
- 4 pm – Revolutionizing the Future of Theme Park Design – Featuring Michael Libby
- 4 pm – Innovation Workshop
Wednesday, November 17
- 8:30 am – Building New and Maintaining Existing Attractions and Experiences: When is Risk Assessment Required and Best Practices for Completion – Featuring friend of the site, Linda Freeman
- 3:45 pm – Maximizing ROI, Performance, and Operational Longevity for Theme Parks and Attractions with Sustainability
- 4 pm – Legends 2021 – The Legends Behind the Amazing Adventures of Spider-Man
Thursday, November 18
- 8:30 am – Millenials and Gen Z: Different Generations, Different Marketing
- 10 am – Partnering with Academia: Accomplish your Mission and Protect your Future – Featuring friend of the site Charlie Wickham
- 1:50 pm – Pathways and Roadblocks to Inclusivity: A Biomechanical Approach
- 2:30 pm – Success Stories and Insights to Enter the Industry During Unusual Times – Featuring friends of the site Sam Bercik, Joshua Liebman, and Paige Reiter
- 4 pm – Career Slam