Scenario update 11/3/21
There will be a full update tomorrow with some additional sections, but for today – consider working with me (Dave) at Scenario!! Check out the post below and forward to any friends you might have who would fit for the role!!
Project Scheduler – Cockram Scenario
The Project scheduler works closely with Project Management and Production Teams for the development of project planning and scheduling documents, assisting in budgeting and change management, providing risk analysis, and developing benchmarking reports.
Duties and responsibilities
- Under the direct supervision of the Operations Director and Project Directors / Managers and working closely with the clients – Develop and maintain engineering, production & construction base line schedules using Primavera P6 schedules in support of Theme Park’s show set and rockwork Projects ranging from (USD)50K to (USD) 50M.
- Integrate multiple schedules into a master P6 schedule database, base line, status, and perform measurement baseline.
- Coordinate Schedules with Client Primavera Enterprise systems.
- Develop and maintain summary level schedule reports: Gantt, milestone charts, and other tools used to support critical path analysis, near-term tasks work, priority-based resource allocations, performance variances, and to support cost/schedule integration.
- Complete earned value reports in conjunction with the companies tracking systems.
- Facilitate pull planning / last planner workshops with the project teams.
- Generate and integrate subcontractor schedules into overall master project schedules.
- Assist Project Managers in developing critical path analysis and delay tracking activities / impact assessments on project schedules.
- Gather and analyze information to prepare reports on the progress of projects. Frequent factory and on site visits to review construction progress as required.
- Support the Project Management team in the planning, tracking, analysis, and reporting of projects including dashboard maintenance.
- Actively monitor, troubleshoot, and communicate any potential scheduling problems.
- Actively able to work independently with project managers and construction firms to maintain schedule integrity and accuracy.
- Performs other duties and assignments as required.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Qualifications/Experience/ Skills and Attributes
- Candidate should have a minimum of 5 years of Project Scheduling experience using Primavera P3, P6 and MS Excel.
- Minimum of 5 years construction project management experience.
- Solid understanding of the critical path method (CPM) and familiar with integrated master schedules IMS and earned value EV reporting.
- Experience in resource loaded schedules.
- Experience working in a planning and scheduling position for engineering, procurement, manufacturing and construction projects is required.
- Familiar with construction drawings, specifications and construction contracting, and ability to review and understand engineering, procurement and construction schedule logic.
- Capable of producing from limited project information a conceptual schedule from initiation through to closeout; able to identify major phases through that timeline and able to determine and discuss dependencies.
- Must have experience working closely with various disciplines in project teams to ensure the accuracy and completeness of the schedules produced without compromising independence.
- BS Degree in Engineering or Business or related field; or demonstrated equivalent and related experience.
- Certification by AACE in planning/scheduling or equivalent (PMP, PSP) is preferred but not required.
- Some cost engineering and estimating knowledge would be preferable.
- Hands-on team player, fostering a sense of team building.
- Possessing strong interpersonal and personal skills including:
- an ability to manage conflict
- an ability to work and deal with people at various levels and of diverse cultures
- a sense of urgency
- being self-motivated and with initiative